Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cleaning House.


It's halfway through the day and I've only scratched the surface of the housecleaning I need to do in my new apartment. While it is awesome and it is affordable, the girl (or girls) who lived there previously were actually quite filthy. I spent the last hour and a half scrubbing the refridgerator with Clorox and store brand window cleaner because you would -not- believe the smell this thing was producing. It was covered in mold (the black and green kind) and some type of orange syrup, but now? It looks fab.

I'm still arranging everything. Putting stuff in it's proper place. As well as inventing places to put other things. My bathroom sink doesn't have any cupboard underneath it, but my shower has a secret door (seriously!) and so a lot of my makeup and girly things will need to be put there instead. At the same time, I think that's wickedly cool. Who else has a secret door in their shower?

There's also an old milkman drop-off in the kitchen. This very small door through the kitchen that accessed the hallway, so when the milkman dropped off the milk, you could just flip the latch, open the door, and grab your milk. Unfortunately, it's been sealed off and can't be opened anymore. When my new landlord first told me about it, I immediately thought, (Gasp!) I can spy on people walking through the hall! But sadly, no. A dream that simply was never meant to be.

I have more stuff to put away. Toodleloodlooloo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home