I Need a Computer Desk.

I don't even know what I want to write about right now, but that's exactly what this is for. So good. It's serving it's purpose.
Every once in a while, I get this weird vibe at work. I don't know what it is. It's like, one minute, everything will be fine and everyone will be getting along, and then suddenly, in a matter of minutes, the tension is undeniable. And I have no idea how it got there. I can't stand that game. Some kind of corporate game of sorts. I'd love to rise above it, but it's practically impossible.
Coldplay's new album X&Y has a track called "Fix Me" on it and I've been listening to that song for the last two years already. How? Because just after high school, someone stole my Parachutes album. And by "stole", I mean that I loaned it to a friend and then they never gave it back and I don't know where that person is now. So Austin burned a copy for me as well as some B-Side tracks and "Fix Me" was one of them. I didn't know the name of the song until Jets sent it to me over Messenger a couple nights ago. I listened to the first bar and I said, "Wait a tick! I've heard this song before! A million times!" And I made Andy listen to it and I asked him if he recognized it, which he didn't, and it dawned on me that it was a B-Side. And then Andy said he thought that was laziness on Coldplay's part and to no surprise, I was having the same thought just as he said it out loud. I still plan on buying the album though. And if you've seen the "Speed of Sound" video, you know that it makes the song even better.
We get to go to Music Midtown this weekend! Stoked! And we get to stay with some friends in their hotel and we don't have to pay anything! The reason I'm so happy is because for the last couple weeks, we didn't think we'd be able to go. But wonderfully enough, things have changed and we still get to! Happy happy happy.
I played the open mic last night at Thirsty Thursday's. And I got all dolled up. Because I enjoy doing that. And I hung out with Ed, Steve, and Jeremy and one guy I've never seen before tried to hit on me, but I dodged him by hiding behind Steve (who's big) and Jeremy was like, "Hey, Carly, where's your guy?" And I was glad because the guy trying to introduce himself was like, "Are you the girl who got me the smoothie that one time." And I was like, "Smoothie?" And he said, "Yeah. You are, aren't you?" And I was totally creeped out and said, "No, that wasn't me."
I need a computer desk. Sitting on these hardwood floors is killing my back.


2 Comments:
Actually, the X&Y song is called "Fix You" and the B-Sides song is called "For You" - two completely different songs.
That's what I meant. Thank you, Seth.
Post a Comment
<< Home