So Yeah.
Okay. Briefly. I'll explain my post before. I wrote about how I feel like Christmas is being pushed out of the picture and how we should be defending it. Just today, I found out that the classic "Rudolph" movie (you know the one with clayamation figures?) has been edited so that instead of "Christmas", the characters all say "Holiday" instead. Like, when Rudolph exclaims, "This'll be the best Christmas ever!" That's been changed to "This'll be the best holiday ever!"
I wrote about how we should be taking a stand because it's a certain sign of persecution toward Christianity and I think we, as Christians, should be aware of that. But the first person to comment basically disagreed with me, made me feel like I was anti-all-other-religions, which really brought me down. So I removed the post. I was just trying to make a difference, and do the right thing, but apparently, I wasn't seeing things from everyone else's point of view in a respectful manner. Even though I feel like Christmas is getting bitch-slapped, I guess I'm just wrong. As usual.
So forget it. Moving on...
This last week was our Thanksgiving break and it was very much needed. We participated in two family dinners, with Andy's mom's side and then his dad's. Both of which were fun and extremely filling. And actually, only I was able to participate with his dad's side because Andy had to work the evening shift. On Thanksgiving. He came home afterwards and said the bookstore was "dead" and they hadn't brought in more than $200 in net sales. Which was probably drastically less than what they had paid the employees to work there that day! So it makes no sense. But that's just how they do things! Greedy corporate schmucks. Greedy, greedy, greedy. But of course, I know nothing.
Today was my first day at Starbuck's! I have to commute to Chattanooga because the new store hasn't opened yet, but it'll only be for two more weeks. The new store opens December 17th and then it'll be a 0.75 miledrive bike ride walk to work each day. Fabulous!
So today was my first day of training. Mostly, it was a lot of paperwork and reading my Barista Manual, but I got to make a couple different drinks and I was suprised how easy it was. I also participated in my first coffee tasting, which made me realize that whether I like coffee or not, I'll probably be a coffee-drinker before the end of my first 90 days on the job. I guess it's inevitable if you work there. So okay. Maybe it'll drag me away from my pop addictions. Yes, I said "pop", so what of it?
Everyone there is extremely nice and I'm really looking forward to when the new store opens up here in town and I can start getting to know my coworkers and regular customers and somesuch. What's funny is that I'm sure I'll be making drinks for my former work associates from Maytag. They'll only be two blocks away and it'll be the only place they can get a good cup of coffee, so I'm bound to see them. Especially if I work the drive-thru. Haha. I just think that's funny. They'll pull up or come in and they'll ask me to make them a drink and they'll see how happy I am and how well I'm doing and maybe that's pompous, but for some reason, I look forward to it. I so do not miss cubicles!
And lastly, I've finally got something up for sale on eBay. Isn't that grand?

Click here to go to the auction.
Here's hoping she'll go. I worked really hard on her. Of course, you can probably tell what inspired me to paint her...
I wrote about how we should be taking a stand because it's a certain sign of persecution toward Christianity and I think we, as Christians, should be aware of that. But the first person to comment basically disagreed with me, made me feel like I was anti-all-other-religions, which really brought me down. So I removed the post. I was just trying to make a difference, and do the right thing, but apparently, I wasn't seeing things from everyone else's point of view in a respectful manner. Even though I feel like Christmas is getting bitch-slapped, I guess I'm just wrong. As usual.
So forget it. Moving on...
This last week was our Thanksgiving break and it was very much needed. We participated in two family dinners, with Andy's mom's side and then his dad's. Both of which were fun and extremely filling. And actually, only I was able to participate with his dad's side because Andy had to work the evening shift. On Thanksgiving. He came home afterwards and said the bookstore was "dead" and they hadn't brought in more than $200 in net sales. Which was probably drastically less than what they had paid the employees to work there that day! So it makes no sense. But that's just how they do things! Greedy corporate schmucks. Greedy, greedy, greedy. But of course, I know nothing.
Today was my first day at Starbuck's! I have to commute to Chattanooga because the new store hasn't opened yet, but it'll only be for two more weeks. The new store opens December 17th and then it'll be a 0.75 mile
So today was my first day of training. Mostly, it was a lot of paperwork and reading my Barista Manual, but I got to make a couple different drinks and I was suprised how easy it was. I also participated in my first coffee tasting, which made me realize that whether I like coffee or not, I'll probably be a coffee-drinker before the end of my first 90 days on the job. I guess it's inevitable if you work there. So okay. Maybe it'll drag me away from my pop addictions. Yes, I said "pop", so what of it?
Everyone there is extremely nice and I'm really looking forward to when the new store opens up here in town and I can start getting to know my coworkers and regular customers and somesuch. What's funny is that I'm sure I'll be making drinks for my former work associates from Maytag. They'll only be two blocks away and it'll be the only place they can get a good cup of coffee, so I'm bound to see them. Especially if I work the drive-thru. Haha. I just think that's funny. They'll pull up or come in and they'll ask me to make them a drink and they'll see how happy I am and how well I'm doing and maybe that's pompous, but for some reason, I look forward to it. I so do not miss cubicles!
And lastly, I've finally got something up for sale on eBay. Isn't that grand?

Click here to go to the auction.
Here's hoping she'll go. I worked really hard on her. Of course, you can probably tell what inspired me to paint her...


<< Home