Friday, November 11, 2005

Itinerary Is A Fun Word!


December 29, 2005 - January 3, 2006.

I'm really, really excited about this trip. We're going home to be with my family. Sure, it's a few days after Christmas, but just the same. We'll be with my family and that's all I want. Mostly, any time we don't spend with my family will be in the later evenings when they've gone to bed or when they're busy with the business. But I'm really hoping that we take this opportunity to go out. Like, I'd really love it if my family, Andy, and I went to Pike Place Market together. My dad used to work in downtown Seattle and he's come to know the area really well. Plus, he loves taking pictures and we've always talked about going on a photo expedition in Seattle. So I think this would be a really fun trip for us to go together and an even bigger chance for my family to really get to know Andy. Yeah, Andy and I are going on two years together now and there's still a great sense of unfamiliarity in the air. No one's fault. We're out here and they're back there. How are they supposed to become familiar with such distance? But I'm hoping that by making memories, and doing stuff together as a family, while including Andy like he's part of the family, will be the best thing for us all. They've met Andy and talked to him a bit, but they haven't done things with him or had experiences with him before. I have experiences with Andy's family. We've taken trips, we've celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas and lots of birthdays together as a family. They're not technically my family, but I've felt part of it. This is necessary in a committed relationship. You don't only have to get to know your significant other's family after you get engaged or married or whatever. If you're in a serious relationship, take the time to learn about his relatives. They say a lot about what you can expect from your boyfriend or girlfriend in the present and the future. And believe me, Andy's family says nothing but good, good, good.

So yeah. Keep this trip in your prayers if you think of it. I'll remind you to pray with even more furver as the time nears. You see, I like to fly. I like airports. But I still worry and fret that terrorists will bomb us down or we'll have engine failure and all those dreams and goals I have will crash and Andy's will too... I know I can be a nutcase, I know. So okay, fine! Pray for the trip and pray for my sanity, my nerves, and my chemical balance. Thank you. You are so kind.

And those of you interested in my test scores and scholarly life, here are some tidbits:
- last night, I stayed up until 4:00 am studying for my second New Testament exam, and I truly believe it paid off.
- I was wrong about my second Mass Media exam. Turns out the extra credit I got went toward my first exam in that class, which turned my 87% to a 92%. And tonight, I ushered for the school play and earned extra credit for that second exam, which brought it up from an 88% to a 93%. So now, the only B's I've received have been one B in Sociology and B's on my written exams in French. Everything else have been A's.
- I think I may pull off this 3.7 GPA thing after all. Cha-ching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home