Ain't She Pretty?

Click the picture and she'll take you to the auction.
I've been painting a lot. Which is good, because for a while there, I thought I'd lost it... Phew! Plus, I'm taking Painting I next semester, and that should get the juices flowing at an even quicker rate. How exciting.
Anyway, the painting above will be officially for sale later on tonight around 8:30 PM PST (10:30 PM EST) and I'll link to it later. Also, the painting from a week or so ago is still for sale. I had to relist her, because no one wanted her. It looked as though somebody might, because she has people listed as "watching" her, but no one ever placed a bid. Too bad... You can find her here.
I can't believe Christmas will be here on Sunday. That's amazing. Will time continue to pass progressively faster or can it ever slow back down? How I miss the impatient feeling I had as a child, counting down the days until Christmas. Now I find myself asking for more days so I can do what I need to before it gets here! Nothing I've just said is new. Everyone goes through this.
Ian Dunn sent me a brand new book, Blue Like Jazz, and I find myself devouring it as if he's going to knock on my door tomorrow and ask for it back. But I'm forcing myself to take it in slowly, one or two chapters at a time, because I want it absorb it. I want it to live inside of me. If I read it too fast, I fear I'll miss it and I don't want to miss a single word. I think I'll read it again afterwards. He also bought me The Ragamuffin Gospel, which I shall also have to read afterwards. Merry Christmas to me! Thanks, Ian!
Mom and Dad have sent some presents for me to open on Christmas day. I have no idea what anything is, but I'm excited to find out. They did send an already opened gift for Hazey Jane, which I promptly gave to her, which she promptly stowed away somewhere hidden in the apartment. She likes to hide her toys and I don't know why.
Andy and I saw Chronicles of Narnia last Thursday and I loved it! It didn't miss a single event! Which I found stunning! It portrayed exactly what I had imagined in CS Lewis' book. The lamppost, Tumnus and all the characters were exactly like they should be. The kids, the witch, and Aslan... They were all perfect. And I appreciated the fact the movie followed the story so precisely. Andy enjoyed the movie as well, despite not having read the book. It was interesting to him that the children did not reveal more shock or disbelief when they all arrive at Narnia, but I explained to him that was exactly how it reads in the book.
"It's like 'Oh neat! A whole new world! Let's go explore!' and they go off! That's just how CS Lewis tells it."
"I wonder why he wrote it like that."
I think it was probably because he was writing for children and to describe any excess disbelief of children sort of goes in the face that children believe in so much. For a child to express doubt or lack of faith in something as wonderful as a place like Narnia just doesn't seem right. At least, maybe that's how CS Lewis felt about it. I think that's how I feel about it. What I'd give to see like a child, feel like a child, or be a child about such things again.
I have no good way to end this post. So...


4 Comments:
dig the new work bish. I was showing a friend the other day and her mouth just fell wide open. it was so fun to see. Can't wait to see you, darling!
merry Christmas Eve Eve!
Chronicles of Narnia was a great movie. I loved it.
Love the painting.... makes me relaxed just looking at it.
I'm glad you're loving it, it's such a beautiful book. A friend was over at the house the other day and asked to borrow my roommate's copy, but he had leant his out so I lent my copy to her, but on the condition that I'd have to break her legs if she didn't return it :)
Post a Comment
<< Home