Saturday, August 13, 2005

So Far, So Great!


I'm home, in Seattle, and it's so, so, so wonderful. My family, the weather, friends... Everyone and everything is such sight for sore eyes. I've missed them all so much. I'm going to be sad when I have to leave. It's hard to leave a place where every aspect of it is familiar. Familiarity with so much is certainly something I've taken for granted. I look forward to when wherever I end up becomes as familiar as it is here. Although, there is obviously something missing. Well, someone, actually. And without him, familiarity is still lacking. Moreso than you can imagine.

So, okay. Here's some cool things going on. My younger brother, who makes me laugh until I cry, moved out today, officially. He's getting ready to start school at the Northwest College of Art in Poulsbo. He's moved into an apartment with one of his best friends and he's so excited about it. He told me he'd like to be someone who designs the characters and environments of video games. He's always been an amazing illustrator and his imagination exceeds my own, so I know he'll be successful.

My sister and her husband, Solomon, are back from Southern California, where Sol completed his summer internship. He's officially done with undergrad school and now they've moved to Spokane for his remaining two years of grad school at Washington State University. My sister is graduated with her degree and just recently passed her real estate test, so she'll be a practicing real estate agent, hopefully very soon. So proud of her!

My parents are excited because after I head back in a couple days, it will just be them in the house. Of course, they've told us again and again that we'll be missed, but they're still looking forward to the alone time and sorry, who can blame them!

I got to visit Amy, my former roommate, last night and I was so glad to spend time with her, I never realized how much I missed living with her. She gives such amazing advice.

Leah called me to make plans to meet up on Monday, and it was the first time I'd heard her voice in nearly a whole year. She's still in Canada, working, spending time with her lovely James, and we'll be meeting each other at a halfway point somewhere between here and there. I cannot wait.

I haven't reached Stephanie yet. I left a message on her voicemail and I'm hoping we'll meet up very soonto have lunch at Qdoba, a tradition of ours since it was the place we both got our first job.

Also soon to be had: lunch at Ruby's Diner, bubble tea in the U-District, and a venture through Pike Place.

Like I said... I love this place. And if you ever have the chance to visit, I suggest you do so. Just look at how great it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

SO envious... SO very Very envious.

9:02 PM EST  
Blogger amyh said...

Hey! It was super duper cool to see you too! And I'm no expert in the advice category - I just look back at my crazy choices and try to tell you to RUN THE OTHER WAY.

:-)

I hope the rest of you stay is wonderful, fulfilling, just slightly too short and lets you fly back home refreshed.....

9:56 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home