Sunday, September 04, 2005

Finding Joy In There.


The last week has seen great tribulation for our nation. After hearing, seeing, and reading about all the awful things that have resulted from this historical catastrophe, my spirits withdrew into a state of temporary depression. Because no matter what good things I'm reminded of, the thought of Katrina's victims and the havoc they faced are always in the back of my mind.

Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time with Andy. I wasn't always in my best temperament, but we ate Italian food and watched WWE Wrestling and laughed during episodes of Arrested Development: Season One, which we rented. There was lots of hugging, cuddling, kissing, and "I love you's". Maybe some of you think that's cheeseball and sure, it can be, but in times like these, they're necessary.

I wish there was more that I could do, but I've been praying a lot. Not just for what's happened, but for everything you could think of. And a sense of hope and joy has begun to refuel my spirit. The hope and joy is from God, I'm sure of that. And it's because of this that I know things will get better.

Dreading what else may come does not change what's already happened. So I'm going to try and be an optimist about the whole situation. Hopefully, this feeling of hopefullness will spread. There are many students at school who are either from the Gulf Coast area or have family there and they're going to need a lot of encouragement.

Here's hoping for good things to come.

Currently watching:

Arrested Development
Season One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home