Stuck in Midwest Time.

Back. It was turmoil getting home. They canceled my flight the night before I was supposed to leave, writing it off to "bad weather in Dallas". But that explanation was soon voided when they booked me on a different flight going to Dallas, only arriving 30 minutes earlier than my original flight. But first, I had to make a connection flight in Los Angeles, two and a half hours of wasted flight time. Am I any further east in LA than I was in Seattle? Of course not. From LA, my flight was more than two hours late. I reached Dallas barely 15 minutes before my flight to Atlanta was prepared to take off. I finally reached my destination at 12:00am only to find out that my one luggage was lost.
"Lost?"
"Yes. Lost."
"Well... Do you know where it is?"
"No. If I knew where it was, I'd tell you, now wouldn't I?"
"I... It's just that I have many things that are important to me in there."
(Whirring)
"Uh huh. Okay, what's your phone number?"
(Whirring)
"What?"
(WHIRRING!)
"What is your phone number?"
(WHIRWHIRWHIR!)
"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the man cleaning the carpet directly behind me!"
"What is your phone number?!"
It was terrible. We got home at 3:30 in the morning, where I crashed and rose four hours later to go to work.
I got my luggage back yesterday. It had been "inspected" by the TSA for "prohibited" items. Fine. However, I did not appreciate them eating some of the special snacks my parents bought for me to bring home. Special because I can't find them anywhere around here!
Okay... So that's over.
On to newer, fresher topics.
Like today being my last day at Maytag. *Phew!* It hasn't hit me at all that I don't work there anymore. But... Que sera sera! But now, I've really got to find a new job, because... Well, yeah.
Speaking of supplement income. I was talking to a friend and she suggested I make mix CD's for people for a small fee. Because I enjoy doing that. Well... I enjoy making mixed CD's for myself. But why not put it to use for others, eh? Okay. So. If you'd like a personalized CD from CarlyBish, feel free to let me know. Is $5 okay? I'll provide lots of songs. Good ones. Trust me. You'll enjoy it. And each one will be unique.
School starts on Wednesday and I haven't even registered for my classes yet! But I'm not supposed to until Monday or Tuesday. So, hopefully, that'll turn out okay. I'm so glad I'm back in school.
So what else? Umm... Andy and I are planning on being in Seattle at Christmas. What would everyone say to Mudbowl 2005 on New Year's Eve Eve? I know it won't be Christmas Eve Eve, but Andy and I won't be flying out until the day after Christmas, so what do you all say? Yes? Please say yes. It's been far too long. It's time to get dirty and let Austin and Seth kick our butts. And how about a great game of Big Booty afterwards? I can tell you're getting excited about it already. Okay, so let's plan for that.
Okay, I think that's all.
Tidbit: One of the greatest highlights of my trip back home was when I was lounging with Leah at her place and I told her how I happy I was for her and how great things are going for her and she replied, "Yeah, well, and you're off conquering the world!"
Currently listening to:

Sufjan Stevens
Illinoise

Sufjan Stevens
Illinoise


8 Comments:
The government at your food? Quel dommage, ma cherie. :(
Yeah!! Isn't that so... sitcom-worthy??
Wait! I've got it! One of their drug-sniffing dogs smelt it out and they assumed it was narcotics, so they broke in and before they could stop him, the dog tore the box open and started munching! That *must* be what happened!
;)
awesome!
Mud bowl needs to make a comeback!!!!
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode :-)
mudbowl 2005. bring it.
I'll take one of those CD's! I'm always in the mood for more music!
You know my mailing address? Email me and I will send it to you.
the dog ate your pineapple. vilain.
mudbowl 2005. let's make commemorative t-shirts this time.
whoop.
Post a Comment
<< Home