Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Good News and MORE Good News!

I think the Publications people totally dug me during my interview! I'll find out tonight what they decide!

I just took my first exam in my Message of New Testament class and I totally think I aced it! And I'm not the greatest test-taker in the world! Here's hoping I didn't make the same mistake with my last Geology class test where I thought I totally did awesome, when in fact, I got a D...

I'm going to go dance in my living room and then quench my thirst with something carbonated. Whuah!

UPDATE: Rachel, who runs all of Lee's publications, called and let me know that despite the fact they've decided to go with someone else for the Editor's position, she requested I come back and get involved with the school newspaper, The Clarion. The Vandogua, apparently, is the the school yearbook. I thought it was the other way around. She said that she hadn't asked anyone else to come back, but she didn't want to pass me up because she thought my writing was "exceptional". I would much rather be involved with the newspaper anyway! The chief editor of The Clarion already emailed me and asked for me to come back so she can get to know me and place me somewhere on their writing staff. So even though I didn't get the job, they still want me involved and it's in the place I would have preferred anyway! Yeah... God so totally rules...

Also, Andy bought me a present which I couldn't have otherwise afforded. *coughseebelowcough*

Currently watching and listening to:

Switchfoot
Nothing is Sound

6 Comments:

Blogger amyh said...

It's soooooooo nice to see ecstatic Carly again!(spelling?!)

P.S. My eyes are still crossed :-)

5:28 PM EST  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yay!

5:36 PM EST  
Blogger Ian Dunn said...

Congratulations :)

What do you think of the new CD?

6:59 PM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

I think... that Jon Foreman is in desperate need of a break. Ever since they signed with Columbia Records, they've been touring and going as hard as they can... This new album was recorded while on the road, in bits and pieces, betwixt performing shows. And I think the exhaustion the band feels can be clearly heard in Jon's lackluster vocals on many of the tracks. Lyrically, he's not as strong as he once was either. All the songs are repetitive and seem formulated (verse chorus verse chorus chorus bridge chorus chorus). I'm not upset about it. I will still listen to the album and enjoy it. But I really think the band needs to take some time away, regain their strength, and give Jon (and Tim too) a chance to write something noteworthy, instead of something required in some contract. I'm not worried that they won't be able to reach Chin or New Way heights again. Because I think they can. It's not in Switchfoot to put out just whatever. They're a great band. I just think this album is the result of some very weary guys who need to go surfing and recoop. How's that for you, Ian? ;)

7:43 PM EST  
Blogger Ian Dunn said...

Good review :) I haven't heard the album yet, but that sounds fairly accurate judging by other things I've heard.

8:01 PM EST  
Blogger Michelle said...

glad to hear you got asked to work with the paper, that's awesome!

i heard some of the album on the radio last night... they played all the songs over the evening. i wasn't too totally impressed with any of them but i think i'll still get the album when i can. i like the first single.

9:51 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home