Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Party Planning?

It's my birthday next Monday. I haven't had a birthday party (that was exclusive to me) since my 18th birthday when Leah, Austin, Sarah, Molly, and Sharon & Karen, (and Seth? Were you there?), suprised me at the Albertson's household. We wore hats and everything.

I should throw a 22nd birthday party-party. Oh, wait. I have no friends. Excuse me... I have no local friends.

Foiled, yet again!

Thank goodness Andy and I both have birthdays in January and celebrate together with his family. This would be a really sucky birthday otherwise. And I really don't know how much more stuffthatsucks I can take.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i totally understand the 'no local friends thing'... well, the no-local-friends-except-for-work-people.' i'm not sure that they count.

i'm not so sure i would have ever survived this whole move-across-the-country thing without email/phone/msn/blogging, and especially not if i didn't have the comfort of very good friends only a couple of hours away.

i admire you every day for taking the jump and moving to TN, i know it's not quite so easy.

9:59 AM EST  
Blogger amyh said...

I know I can't throw you a really fun birthday party, but I can sure send my love (and gifts) across the miles.

I've been away from those that I care about during my birthday, it does feel kinda weird. BUT - keep your chin up, hon..... sometimes when I'm feeling down about things I can't control, I thank God for the simple things - like how He keeps my heart pumping blood through my veins or how He sends little rays of sunshine through the blinds after 24 straight days of rain in Seattle (even if it was just for 71 seconds!) Somehow, it helps me keep things in perspective.

Anyways! This is getting long - sorry! I love you and we'll talk soon - Aims

3:55 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no friends, too.

12:27 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy near-birthday.

I have no friends, either. Pity party!

10:35 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i threw myself a party on my last birthday. even though i had to do all the invites, buy my own cake and ice cream, and only had 5 people i show up (3 i knew), i still had a pretty good time. better to go all out when you can, as opposed to wishing you had when it's too late. hope yours is awesome. later.

12:28 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home