Update Quickie.
So I realize the last several posts have focused on nothing but what was happening with Lee's Publications, and I swear, this is the last thing I'll say about it for a while. Basically, I'm writing full-time for the newspaper and I'll get paid $10 for each review I submit (I'm only doing one review so far) and I won't be considered "employed" until someone leaves/graduates, leaving the position open to be filled. But until that happens, I'm going to get a head start and start writing for the paper, that way I have a better chance at getting hired a few months from now (probably December). So while I'm working for the paper and all, I still don't have any real source of income.
I've been applying to every part-time clerical position I can find and I'm hearing back from no one. Two evenings ago, I called about an ad for a transcription typist who can work from home and the guy called me back, but he totally creeped me out. He asked me completely inappropriate questions ("Do you care if I pay you cash under the table? Because I don't like to pay taxes on this sort of thing... If you break confidentiality, I'll demand every cent of my money back from the time you started working for me, are you okay with that? How often does your boyfriend sleep over at your place?"). By the time we were done talking, I told him I had my doubts and he got real huffy and said he had plenty of other people to get back to about the ad. So I thanked him for his time but I had to think about it and he said "Thanks a lot!" and hung up on me. So you can imagine, I totally got the shivers after that and decided that I'd concentrate more on jobs posted on job sites and signs I see from the road. Although, my ultimate dream would be to get a part-time job at school. That would be so ideal.
My Mom gave me the money to pay for my $60 utility bill this month. And that was after she'd sent me a package with a couple things I left from my last trip home and a bonus $25 to "spend wisely", she wrote. As a lark, she threw in a "Survivor's Kit" the size and shape of a sardine can, which contains the following:
- one packet Lipton "Brisk" Tea
- one emergency whistle
- one stick Wrigley's Cinnamon chewing gum
- one already-sharpened #2 pencil
- one 0.5 inch block of something edible (not exactly sure what)
- one mini compass
- one packet Domino Sugar
- one fish hook
- one matchbook
- one spool of black thread
- one Tootsie Roll
- one packet Morton Iodized Salt
- one small strip of pre-cut duct tape
- one packet Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- one packet StarLine alcohol prep pads
- one dose non-asperin pain killers
- one bandaid and
- one razor blade
She is such a cool mom.
Anyways, please keep this issue in your prayers, as I really need to start making money as to help support my living out here. My brother in school full-time too and so this has been a financial strain on my family and I need to get a job to help ease that tension. Thanks!
I've been applying to every part-time clerical position I can find and I'm hearing back from no one. Two evenings ago, I called about an ad for a transcription typist who can work from home and the guy called me back, but he totally creeped me out. He asked me completely inappropriate questions ("Do you care if I pay you cash under the table? Because I don't like to pay taxes on this sort of thing... If you break confidentiality, I'll demand every cent of my money back from the time you started working for me, are you okay with that? How often does your boyfriend sleep over at your place?"). By the time we were done talking, I told him I had my doubts and he got real huffy and said he had plenty of other people to get back to about the ad. So I thanked him for his time but I had to think about it and he said "Thanks a lot!" and hung up on me. So you can imagine, I totally got the shivers after that and decided that I'd concentrate more on jobs posted on job sites and signs I see from the road. Although, my ultimate dream would be to get a part-time job at school. That would be so ideal.
My Mom gave me the money to pay for my $60 utility bill this month. And that was after she'd sent me a package with a couple things I left from my last trip home and a bonus $25 to "spend wisely", she wrote. As a lark, she threw in a "Survivor's Kit" the size and shape of a sardine can, which contains the following:
- one packet Lipton "Brisk" Tea
- one emergency whistle
- one stick Wrigley's Cinnamon chewing gum
- one already-sharpened #2 pencil
- one 0.5 inch block of something edible (not exactly sure what)
- one mini compass
- one packet Domino Sugar
- one fish hook
- one matchbook
- one spool of black thread
- one Tootsie Roll
- one packet Morton Iodized Salt
- one small strip of pre-cut duct tape
- one packet Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- one packet StarLine alcohol prep pads
- one dose non-asperin pain killers
- one bandaid and
- one razor blade
She is such a cool mom.
Anyways, please keep this issue in your prayers, as I really need to start making money as to help support my living out here. My brother in school full-time too and so this has been a financial strain on my family and I need to get a job to help ease that tension. Thanks!


1 Comments:
Huge compliment. Much needed ego boost. Thank you, Julia from the North. Very much.
Post a Comment
<< Home