Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I can SEE you STARING!

For the last week, I have noticed people staring at me. It's the strangest thing. And I know I'm not just being paranoid. When I'm driving on the highway and a lady in the passenger seat of a van driving next to me looks over, then points, says something to the driver, and then looks at me again, pointing... I'm pretty sure that's staring! After trying to brush it off multiple times, I finally can't take it anymore, look over at the woman and mouth, "What?" She looks me in the eye, turns to face forward, and doesn't look at me again.

No, seriously! WHAT?! Do I have something big and green hanging out of my left nostril?! Because honestly, I see no other reason as to why you should stare and even point at me!

The day before that, there was another woman at the grocery store who kept eyeing me in the produce section. Did she think I was stealing something? "Oh, that blonde girl looks like she's up to something... She totally jumped on that gingerale-buy-four-for-three-dollars deal... Oh, she's up to something... A big party, no doubt! Hooligans!"

And then, today, I was at Subway, getting myself a sandwich. And the guy ahead of me, older by an obvious ten years or so, kept looking over at me, eyeing my wallet, glancing at my face now and again, and then back at his own sandwich in the making. He did this the entire time I stood there behind him. I was getting really irritated. Especially since he was being so blatent about it! And I wasn't all dolled up or anything! Today was my day off! My hair may have been down, but I didn't look like I was going clubbing later!

There were two other incidents this week as well, but I won't lament over them...

I'm just annoyed! I don't need this right now, okay?! I really, really don't need this! Among a million other things I just don't need!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ian Dunn said...

Wow, that's really, really odd. It'd be interesting to find out why they were staring.

5:25 PM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

Exactly, Ian! I know! I just want to know why!!!

5:37 PM EST  
Blogger Jake said...

Carly - that is some craziness. I'd say it must be other folks oddness, not your own. And you live in the south :-P

6:33 PM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

Maybe it was just this week. Maybe it's a fluke. I'll let you all know what happens later on...

6:46 PM EST  
Blogger amyh said...

Maybe it's just because you're absolutley adorable and they just can't tear their eyes away :-)

I know what you mean though, blatant staring is rude and I will never understand how people do it.

Thinkin of ya! Miss you always...

7:27 PM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

Haha. Thanks, Amy. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just putting out a signal (accidentally) that says, "Stare at me!" Whatever it is, it's got to stop. ;)

1:18 AM EST  
Blogger Black-Eyed Betty said...

Carly, I think we still need to hang out someday. My apartment right now is horribly small, but perhaps, when we get a bigger place in a month or two, you could take some time off and come out for a visit.

I've had that staring problem before... It really freaked me out for a while, until I started getting used to it... But... Then again, I did have blue hair...

1:35 AM EST  
Blogger Black-Eyed Betty said...

You know, I was thinking... Hell, if you want some time off now... We can definitely make room. And I have no job, and not much of a life... So... Yeah. If you ever have any free time, you're more than welcome. :)

1:42 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home