Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Torino!


I just saw my first commercial for this year's Olympic Winter Games for NBC. It was about the US Women's Snowboarding team.

I about wet myself.

Edit: I just spent the last hour watching videos from the Salt Lake City Games and I cannot get the shivers out of my spine... How am I supposed to go to class when the Games are on?? Someone tell me how!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i have noticed a severe lack of olympic advertising this year... it's very strange.

10:06 AM EST  
Blogger amyh said...

I know what you mean..... I only see it on the one local news channel I enjoy - otherwise, it's nearly non-existent.

Can't wait for the Long Jump, Women's Free Skate (Sasha Cohen is my pick), Speed Skating and the Luge.....

11:09 AM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

I dunno. There's something about Sasha I just don't feel... She great, but she just doesn't possess that spirit I appreciate about other athletes. Irina Slutskaya is my pick for this year's Gold Medalist in the Free Skate. She's made an amazing comeback after her illness. I watched her win the World Championship on ESPN a month or so ago. Blew me away.

Is Sarah Hughes even coming this year? Or is she happy with her 2002 gold medal and retiring already? If she is, I'm really disappointed... I would have liked to see her fight for it again. When she won it in 2002, it was well deserved. She skated PERFECTLY. And she was only 15 at the time!

And of course, Michelle Kwan... She's been fighting for this for the last 12 years now. Always a Silver, never a Gold... She just can't turn loose of those jitters though! I don't know if she ever will. But I'm glad she keeps fighting. I'm always rooting for her. Watch her though. You can see her beating herself up before she's even entered the ring. It's like she sets herself up for her future mistakes...

But yeah. Irina Slutskaya. She's blow your mind. I'd be shocked if she didn't win the Gold this year.

Here's to Winter 2006! Say "No!" to cheating French judges!!!

12:10 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home