Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm On My Lunch Break.


This is going to seem very insignificant to most, but I'm not like most, so... During this time of spiritual repair, I've started making little changes to help remind me that life is still going, with or without me, but preferably with me. One thing that I've started to do is pulling back my curtains and leaving them open all day long. I have even gone so far as to leave them open at night, so when morning creeps up with the sun, I can't ignore the fact that a new day is banging on my door. I refuse to dwell on my loneliness and this has been a huge step for me to avoid doing so.

Mostly, this has been extremely beneficial for when I'm at home. However, for the most part, I've avoided my apartment completely. Either by going to the park or taking on extra hours at work. Today, I'm avoiding it by meeting up with my friend Jeremy who has decided to write some new music with me, for which I am very excited. Considering I haven't composed anything new for... two years now? I don't know why that is. It's like I moved here and every ounce of musical creativity vacated my very being. But I'd like to believe there's a few drops left. I guess we'll see...

Excuse this post for having no major theme or sense of order. You probably don't care, but I'm a writer so it bugs me.

5 Comments:

Blogger amyh said...

I got this litle tickle of excitement when you said you're giving a stab at composing again..... good for you :-)

4:07 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you, you inspiring girl.

6:35 PM EST  
Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

Cool trick! I like the idea of the sun continuing, regardless of my awakeness. Might try it myself.

6:16 AM EST  
Blogger George Chaney said...

It's great to see that no matter what you are still living your life. Many people believe that just because they are having a bad day that the world stops revolving, they forget that it keeps spinning. It even hurts sometimes to realize that know matter what happens that life still goes on, even if you don't want it to. Remember that this life is a journey! it's a great trip!!! I love how life is a journey because you never know who you are going to meet on this journey and at some points you have someone to travel with you because they are at the same point in life that you are and you can help each other along this journey until you have to part ways and then you see how much you have grown!

10:17 AM EST  
Blogger carlybish said...

George, you reminded me of my church back home. That was like their slogan, "We are all on a journey." And it referred to believers and non-believers alike, because from the church's point-of-view, they felt that everyone was on a journey with Christ at the center. Whether or not one realizes it, we are all on a journey where Christ is the center. It almost seems like we, as Christians, have a huge ego, but if we know about, understand and believe in the true nature of Christ, then we can only hope that He *is* the center. Just because He's so freaking awesome.

2:47 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home